Monday, June 17, 2013

Fat Vs Curvy





In my recent video I talked about body image. I spoke about my own negative body image and the research I have done on the subject but one thing that I said has got some people pretty annoyed.

I don't like the word "fat" to describe someones weight. 

We all have fat on our bodies, we can't live without fat storage, so at what point do you decide that that fat is noteworthy. At what point does someone become so called "fat" I don't think its a healthy word to use to describe someone.

I have been called "Fat" and it sticks with you, doesn't matter how much weight I lose, I can still hear - "You're fat" 
Once you get told you're fat it's hard to find the right balance, its hard to see when you aren't fat any more or when you may have taken your obsession to not be fat too far. 

Fat is a dangerous word to use to describe someone, one persons idea of fat might be very different to another person that is why I do not use it. 

We should love ourselves regardless of size, weight or height. 
Be healthy, and be happy,

much love, Sineady x


5 comments:

  1. I have done a few body image posts as well and feel that more women need to be aware of how they are treating and thinking about their bodies. If you are interested in checking mine out, you can find them at beautyproductmama.blogspot.com. Thanks for posting, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right!!!
    Please can you make a tutorial of the look You are wearing?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good of you thats getting out there to get this kind of info out......well put..keep up your good work teaching and informing/sharing us about these things...Lots of lOve MizzMadeUp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the share like it,even i also don't like this word fat i tried lots of thing before but result not come Colorescience Lip Exfoliator Wand

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a girl that runs a makeup school that can make women look really thin using shades and makeup tricks.

    ReplyDelete